Week #1: 5 Pieces that Every Lolita Wardrobe Should Have, Regardless of Style
A tough question! I've never really thought of this before...
1) A blolero/cardigan
I really love light jackets! Cardigans and boleros are perfect! Living in Hawaii, you can't really wear a coats and such (you might melt x.x). So these light jackets are a blessing. Even if you live in an area that have actual seasons, these articles of clothing are perfect for Spring and Fall! Even in the heat of Summer they are a great thing to have to help protect your skin from the sun. The lightness of the fabric helps you not only keep warm but comfortable at the same time. Cardigans and boleros come in many different styles and colors so finding one that goes great with your particular style of Lolita is simple ♥
2) A chiffon blouse
I used to strongly dislike chiffon blouses (I have a large chest so finding one that fit was a chore). However once I was able to find one that fit me, my distaste for chiffon started to disappear. They are really nice to have. Yet again, they come in different styles and colors. I have two different ones that I use. What is great is that I can use either of them for a sweet, Gothic, or classical coordinate. Not only are they versatile for style, its great for weather too. Normal blouses are generally made of cotton (or another fabric) and can get hot while you are wandering outside. Chiffon is a light fabric so its cooler. Only downside to a chiffon blouse is that it is sheer. I would recommend a chiffon blouse for JSKs or OPs (if you wear a blouse with them) as you do not have to wear an under shirt with it.
3) Tights
A great item to have! For those days that you don't really want to wear socks or are lazy, tights are great! They come in different colors so its easy to find something to match whatever your outfit looks like for the day. You can also use them in different seasons. They keep your legs warm for those colder times and also shield them from the sun during the warmer months. They also come in different styles (thickness too). Regardless of what kind of Lolita you are; sweet, Gothic, classical, etc., I think tights its a must in a wardrobe! A very versatile article of clothing if I must say.
4) A parasol
'Nuff said. A parasol is great to have. It protects you from the sun and it makes any outfit just pop. Its a great accessory to have.
5) Wrist Cuffs
Sometimes I really don't feel like wearing any kind of bracelet but I still want to wear some sort of accessory I turn to my wrist cuffs. They are really simple accessories and they are cute. Even if I wear a sweet coord (bracelets included sometimes), I wear my wrist cuffs. I think they are a nice touch to any outfit. I borrowed a friends pair (black) for a Gothic coordinate and it matched well. It wasn't too over the top and was a bit toned down. I think you can use wrist cuffs for almost any style since they come in different styles :P
This was rather challenging but fun. It made me really think about things and I think I pulled it off okay... Next weeks topic seems like a toughie... Time to brush up on my movies!
5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style- 5 movies for Lolitas
- What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
- Favorite thing to put on my head
- My wardrobe turnover
- My favorite Lolita brand
- Why I wear Lolita?
- Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
- 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
- How I first found out about Lolita
- 3 trends I wish would come back
- Combining other fashions with Lolita
- Lolitas I have met in real life
- Lolitas I would love to meet
- 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
- 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
- My first meetup
- Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
- Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
- How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
- Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
- How I accessorize
- What influences my Lolita style
- What's in my makeup bag
- Best places to wear Lolita
- How I get out of a wardrobe slump
- Purses that I love
- Bloomers or no bloomers?
- Lolitafying things in my everyday life
- How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
- Impulse buys that were totally worth it
- My best deal
- Something that I made
- Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
- What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
- Nails to match my favorite looks
- Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
- Favorite hair style
- Most versatile Lolita item I own
- 5 inspirational fictional characters
- Fondest meetup memory
- The ways in which I fit the cliche
- The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
- How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
- Something that was a gift
- Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
- The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
- My "signature" outfit
- My favorite Lolita print
- What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
- Predict the next Lolita trend!
- How Lolita has changed me














No comments:
Post a Comment