2012-05-20

Japan Trip / Lolita finds!

I have been seriously slacking on the updates here.... I apologize to people who actually read my blog. I've had a lot of issues as of late (mostly concerning my family). I have a little more time on my hands now and I will be trying to update a lot more! I am planning on making a tutorial on how to make chocomint-like star hairclips (as soon as I find a good clip for them) and how to make these really cute star bracelets ^^

Anywho, between my last journal entry and now I haven't had many lolita outings. I did have a mini-photoshoot for Animaid Cafe (it was purikura :D) and I did get to dress up for the local anime convention, Kawaii Kon. I didn't upload any of my pictures (I apologize oTL) and most of them I look terrible in >.< So I am sorry D:

BUT the best thing that has happened recently is my trip to Japan ^^ I did manage to get a couple of lolita items there (and a few lolitable items that I did not take a picture of >.>)
While in Japan, I got to stay in a house. Me, my boyfriend, and two of our friends rented out this house in Minato-ku, Tokyo. It was really nice! The place was really convenient in terms of location. The closest train station to us that was on the Yamanote line (its kind of like the main "central" train line in Tokyo) was Harajuku <3 It was GREAT.





Harajuku is basically the fashion hub of Eastern (and probably the majority) Japan. There you will see a ton of young fashionable teens and young adults littering the streets. Its... a massive cluster fuck of people. There is a LOT of shops to choose from. For example, there are super high-end shops (Channel and Christian Dior) and some moderately expensive stores (Ralph Lauren). There are a lot of Western brands here and (duh) Japanese ones. Most of these more expensive stores are up at Omotesando Hills (its a huge hill near Meiji-jingumae).






 
The infamous Takeshita Dori!

Most of the younger crowd (or the fashion daredevils) shop at 竹下通り . This is, in my opinion, THE place to shop for clothes in Japan. There are a TON of shops and alleys that have even MORE places to shop. A lot of them are cheap or moderately priced. If you don't like the prices at one shop, chances are there is one further down the road that sells the same thing and it might be cheaper. I found a ton of normal cute clothes here.

The sizes are the standard Japanese size unfortunately (so if your shoe size is bigger than a 8.5 American you are kind of out of luck =/ or if you are plus size it might be hard to find clothes...). I have pretty big boobs and I had a little trouble trying to find tops that fit correctly but if you are lucky you can find something. The majority of the shops have changing rooms and the girls are more than willing to help you out with trying clothes on. I had one shop girl ask me if something fit right and when I told her no she came back with a bigger size :D They are really super nice >.<

Almost right in the middle of Takeshita Dori is every lolita's heaven; CLOSETCHILD. It is a second hand clothing shop that sells gothic, punk, sweet, and classical lolita clothes. The Harajuku shop (I think) is the largest one they have. It is 3-storys of awesome frilly good stuff. (I have no photos of the inside of the place because they are strict with the no photography rule there) The first floor (technically floor 2 of the building) is the sweet/classic lolita floor. It is... very pink LOL They have a LOT of stuff in there, and the majority of it is a good deal. When I studied abroad in Japan back in 2010, I got fantastic deal on the full Strawberry Ribbon JSK set (the head piece and the matching bag) for just about 15,000yen. The dress was in perfect condition and so was the rest of the accessories! Even inside the pocket it had the fabric swatch. I got Jewelry Jelly in lavender for only 12,000yen (and it just came out like 4 months after I got it). It was BWT but my host mom cut the tag off and I never got it back =/ Same with the fabric swatch.... but overall I got all that stuff for a fricken steal. I saw a lot of popular prints for cheap. It was heaven. I wish I had more money!

*coughs* The second floor is the gothic/punk floor. There is a lot stuff in there but not as much as the sweet/classic floor. They play really good music in there (like Dir en grey <3) and the girls are pretty helpful. This past time I went there wasn't much in terms of things I liked (though the MMM corner made me cry. It was still super expensive oTL) but there was a ton of pieces.

The third floor is the otome floor. There was a lot of cute things in here (more sweet jewelry too like Q-pot). One side is dedicated to Jane Marple, the back part and in the middle to Milk (it was split between JM and Milk) and the whole other side is to Emily Temple and Shirley Temple Cute stuff. It is the smallest floor but I really liked it. I am starting to really get into Otome-kei so it was nice :)

 I really like shopping here. The shop girls (for the most part) are really nice and are willing to help. Each floor has a changing room. Inside, the provide you with petticoats to try on under your clothes (if your outfit requires one and the such :P) and a really nice floor mirrior. I really like how you can try on the brand stuff before buying it >.< I am on the bigger side and I have a hard time finding brand that can fit my bust (its about a 88-92 depending on the bra I am wearing =3=) and its annoying. So when I was able to try on a lot of my dream dresses (for free >3)  I was happy! It is nice to know I can by Sugary Carnival (the OP or the JSK) and it will fit! Same with Strawberry Jam :3 I did not buy a lot of my dream dresses because of money issues or they did not have the colorway I wanted >.> So sad my life (...sorta lol). For sweet/classic accessories, the first floor has a huge assortment. They carry chocomin accessories and a lot of brand stuff. They have a lot of different headbows, bags, shoes, and jewelry available. They also carry shoes (though a lot of them are like 22-23cm oTL) and petticoats~


So, what did I find there that I liked?! I found a bit (like Holy Starry Night JSK in white and Sugar Pansy SK in yellow...) but I couldn't afford a lot of it (I had a ton of omiyage to buy oTL) but I did find the set for one of my dream prints!


Honey Cake SK in yellow with matching headbow
(Don't mind the mess... I was unpacking) My good (and fellow lolita) friend Erica found this when we went to Closetchild with her. I nearly DIED when I saw it. I really want this print... I really wanted the JSK but they only had the SK in stock. So I was a little iffy about getting it =/ My waist is kind of large (30 in blech) so I was really hesitant about trying it on. Erica talked me into it so I went to try it on like a good little girl XD And... I WAS BLOODY AMAZED! I... I could fit it ;A; I nearly CRIED. I tore open the fitting room curtains and showed Erica. I seriously was gunna cry. Never in a million years did I think I could fit an AP skirt! I have read reviews and girls posts on the comm sales and such and everyone said their max size was about a 28/29in. So I feel lucky I could fit this.... It is partially shirred so that might be the reason but still. I can fit AP skirts and thats all that matters lol Now I have the full matching Honey Cake skirt set in yellow :3 Now I just need to find the pancake mix bag and the matching jewelry and I am set ^^ It was pretty cheap too. The skirt was 7,000yen and the headbow was only 2,00yen! >3 Talk about a deal!

There is more shock in store. We traveled up to the otome floor and I wanted to die. I can't fit into otome clothing unless there is shirring. So that knocks out JM, a lot of MILK (HA) and Shirley Temple/Emily Temple Cute. Regardless I went looking anyway. They had a few of the shirred Emikyuu dresses. They had one I kinda wanted but I couldn't afford it (like always... its a reoccurring problem LOL) I did find an OP that I could fit AND afford! :D

Emily Temple Cute Picnic OP

It fit PERFECTLY. Granted it is an older dress and it is fully shirred I got this for a pretty good deal. It was only 7,000yen (though I just saw it go for 5,000yen on mbok just the other day oTL). It is pretty much brand new. No flaws what-so-ever. I am super happy I got this >////< Its the perfect length on me (I am only 150cm) and it doesn't look funky either because of my chest size! Its perfect <3

So spending a few on the otome floor we traveled back to the first floor. I went to look at the accessories there to see if they had a matching bow for Jewelry Jelly and some random accessories to match my other dresses. I did find a pair of cute wrist cuffs.

Lavender wrist cuffs by AP
There were only 1,500yen BWT. In the store it was more than this. I was kind of shocked someone traded this in o.O I mean they are still making these! Whatever. Their lost my gain right? :D I was going to buy a pair of red ones but.... there is a long story behind that that I don't want to talk about >.< I did manage to get an older AP headbow (no picture because its hard to photograph) to go with my maid uniform. I was using my friends one so now I can stop using his and use my own! Though its not super sweet it does go well with my maid uniform (which is an older Metamorphose dress LOL).

Also in Harajuku is the Paris Kids shop. Its towards the beginning of Takeshita Dori. It is an accessories shop that carries a lot of stuff ranging from headbows to gauges and keitai straps. When I went it was super crowded with a bunch of high school girls... I was sad cuz a lot of the cute things were gone. I did manage to get a barrette and a keitai strap for a friend. I really wanted some earring and such but Japanese school girls are kind of rude and wouldn't move so I could look D<

THANK YOU Mart is also another place to look. They have some crazy things in there. I guess because of Kyari Pyamu Pyamu there is a lot of accessories with eyeballs and such in there. They do have a lot of otome/classical/gothic jewelry pieces in there too ranging from hair clips to necklaces even piercings. Its really cheap. Unless it is noted, everything in there is 410yen (with tax). It is located towards the end of Takeshita Dori and it is downstairs. There is usually a girl waving a sign to where the store is located. The shop stairs has a huge green sign above it that says THANK YOU Mart on it. I got another barrette and a necklace for less than a 1000yen :D My boyfriend also bought a belt too for 410yen (he still uses it lol)

Overall, my trip to Japan was great! I didn't get to do some of the things I wanted to (like ride the ferries wheel in Odaiba or go to the Konami Style store) but I got to go to a lot of places :) I got to see a lot of my friend that I haven't seen in a couple of years! I even got to see my aunty who I haven't seen since high school :) It was what I needed to relax. I really want to go back >.< Don't get me wrong, I do love living in Hawaii and I like it here a lot but Japan just feels more.... idk. I feel more at home there. My allergies don't act up and I like the atmosphere there better. I'm still young and I am in search for a real job (since I am no longer a college student....) so who knows. Maybe I will find a job there and I can dress in lolita all I want XP

Next month me and a few of my fellow lolita buddies are planning a meet to this teddy beat museum in Hawaii. If I remember can take pictures there, I will! I will also try and post a blog about it :) Now, off to take care of this horrible cold I caught... Till next time! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment