2012-11-28

♔: 5 Christmas Themed Outfits + New Layout :♔

So in the spirit of Christmas, I changed my layout! Christmas is one of my favorite holidays so I put more effort into this layout than I normally do. This year I am hoping that Christmas goes smoothly. My family and I have been through a lot this year and hopefully this holiday really brings some happiness back into our lives (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

So since I love Christmas I decided to do a two part update! For today I bring to you some coordinates! Each one uses non-Christmas themed prints/non-prints. It took me awhile to think these up but I really enjoy them (´ー`)




Nutcracker
First up is this coordinate! I really enjoy the redxgold/blackxgold combination.
It's funny since I hate gold jewelry...Angelic Pretty just released this JSK not too long ago (I think about a week ago...) and I just fell in love  It's a very versatile dress. You can use it for something classic and something sweet. You can even use it for different themes! Though it is made of velvet, you can only use it for the Autumn or Winter season... But you can use the dress for a Valentine's Day theme or even a school one! For the blouse, I decided on this simple AP long sleeved blouse. It took me awhile to find one that matched well... I think the gold buttons really add to it! It also gives you more freedom when choosing other things to go with the outfit. For example, I chose to use the ivoryxgold checkered socks and blackxgold Circus Tent bag from Alice and the Pirates. It really pulls the piece together and gives it a real Christmas-y feel to it. It kind of reminds me of a nutcracker in a way (o´ω`o) Would be a great outfit to go see a play in! Especially the Nutcracker lol //shot

I think out of all the outfits I made, I think this if my favorite. I really fell for this AP JSK. I normally stay away from velvet things because of the weather in Hawai'i (even though I love velvet ;A;) but... I just love the possibilities this dress has to offer! Maybe in the feature I can create more coordinates for it (and actually own it XD)

♔ JSK, Headbow, and Blouse: Angelic Pretty
♔ Socks and Bag: Alice and the Pirates
♔ Shoes: Baby the Stars Shine Bright



Snow Queen
Next I bring to you Baby's latest winter print, Queen of Snow. I really fell in love with the design... It's really detailed. My favorite version of the JSK is the princess design. It really gives you the feel of royalty. So you must be thinking "How does this relate to Christmas?" Easy! When it's Christmas, you think of snow (at least I do...). Living in Hawai'i you don't see snow, unless you live on the Big Island (even then). When I was about nine I got to spend my holiday break on the mainland and experienced a white Christmas. It was a really nice feeling. Even though my memories of that vacation aren't that great, the feeling I got while spending Christmas with snow was something I can never forget. The feeling of being close to those you love while you sit around opening gifts and drinking warm hot cocoa... It was something I could never forget. When I saw that Baby released this print, it made me remember my first white Christmas. I really just love this dress

After I finished putting everything together, I realized its a total hime lolita outfit. I didn't even mean for it to turn out like that. I wanted to make it a more sweet coordinate but it came out hime... I don't mind though! It gives it more of that "queen" feel to it. I kept the majority of the colors white to match the "snow" feel. The fur cape and fur topped heals give off the "trying to stay warm" vibe. Makes you really feel you are in the snow. The light blue of the dress pulls you more into the theme and really makes you feel like you are in the cold. Kind of like you are Jack Frost (I love that holiday special... Its my favorite one) herself himself.


♔ Everything is Baby the Stars Shine Bright


Casual Christmas
So this is my punk Christmas outfit.  I really really like Putumayo (even though its hard to come by if you don't use an SS or other webshops...). Their designs can go either way; punk, punk lolita, gothic lolita, and even sweet. They mainly do different kinds of Alice and Wonderland designs (though now days they do some with aliens...) and sometimes crown designs. This is their latest design to come out for their Winter line. I honestly love their Winter line the best, even though I could never wear it in Hawai'i. So this time they brought out a new crown design! I felt like I should make a more casual coordinate for Christmas but at the same time you can still use it to go out to some place a little fancy. I am confident that this is the coordinate for that!

Velvet is a really big thing during this time of the year. It keeps you warm and it is nice to wear. I honestly love velvet even though its a little heavy to wear and hot. It just looks nice. To change things up I decided to use the skirt version from this new design. The skirt is super cute and since it has an elastic band, it can fit a wide variety of sizes (compared to the two JSK's above). I really love the vest! I haven't tried wearing one before (I have a rather large bust) but I think it gives the outfit a nice kick to it. The sallow tails give the outfit of a more classic feel to it. In the coordinate picture I added a hoodie. If you wear that instead of the vest it gives the outfit a casual look.

♔ Skirt, Hoodie, Blouse, Vest, Socks, and Accessories: Putumayo
♔ Boots and Hat: Alice and the Pirates


Dim Lights
Next is my only green coordinate! The main piece in this is from Metamorphose's Dim Light series. I really love this dress in every colorway (this is odd because I hate the color green). I chose the green colorway to change things up a bit (since the majority of my coordinates are red....).

I tried to make this coord a little more casual. I had fun with it! I think the only thing I had a hard time with was finding a head piece... I'm not a huge fan of bonnets, I only use them if I think it matches the outfit. I couldn't find a stock image of the Dim Light bonnet so I was looking for something else that could work. After searching for an hour (literally) I came across this cute Baby beret. It really gives the outfit that semi-casual feel. I love the little dangle piece that is on top of it. It's a playful touch. Another thing that took me awhile to figure out was shoes. I'm... really picky about what shoes I wear with my outfits so this was a little chore. When I came across these Alice and the Pirate boots, I fell in love! It really finishes off the coordinate! It goes with the little candle accents on the JSK and also with the decorations on the bag. It just makes the outfit complete!

♔ JSK, Socks, and Blouse: Metamorphose
♔ Bag, Shoes, and Necklace: Alice and the Pirates
♔ Hat: Baby the Stars Shine Bright



Classical Christmas
I'm not much of a classic lolita (I am trying to get more classical pieces though!) but I thought I should try and put together a classic coordinate. I am rather proud of myself! I am starting to really enjoy Innocent World... They have a good amount of pieces that fit bigger girls and they have amazing sales throughout the year! While I was looking through their site I came across a bunch of different dresses that I thought would make a great Christmas coordinate but I finally settled on this one. I love how mature it is but it still has a girly feel.

As you can tell, I really like the color red... It is one of my favorite colors (^ ^'') I had a fun trying to pick out things for this outfit. Innocent World has a lot of nice stuff. The only thing I had a trouble with was finding a blouse. This is an OP but I loved how the model for the OP had a blouse underneath. So I looked around and came across this beige one. It matches the embroidery on the edges of the dress! The rest of the outfit just came together after I looked around a bit...

♔Everything: Innocent World


Overall, I enjoyed coming up with these different coordinates! It was fun and it really put my design skills to the test (which I have hardly any when it comes to fashion....) Next week I will be doing another entry with my "Top 5 Christmas Print Coordinates"! I can't wait

1 comment: