First off, I would like to say I am FINALLY getting my room remodeled! I have been waiting for the past two years for this ( =3= ) I can finally say bye-bye to that cursed bookshelf that keeps on falling on me every time I try to grab something to read!! What brought this about is that my dad bought a new huge TV for the living room since it was dirt cheap ($940 w/ warranty for a 55" HD TV O.o). So we played TV musical chairs. The old living room TV went to my parents room and their old (but new) TV is going in mines. So in order to put the TV I have to repaint, get new flooring, and new furniture.... Sounds stupid for just a TV but man... having furniture that is falling apart and ready to kill you is not fun... Trust me on that. Hopefully me and my dad finish remodeling soon. I am not having fun sleeping in the living room and having to dig through a billion boxes just to find clothes....
On to lolita news! I have set out a few goals for New Years! It's my "Lolita New Year Resolution of 2010" list.
1) Lose at least 20lbs. Go from 148lbs down to about 128lbs. Hopefully I can shrink my bust and waist size at it.
This is do-able right? O.o I just started going to the gym with my dad this week (I will be going with him every Saturday and Sunday morning for about 1 hour.). It's pretty brutal so far =/ My dad is a total slave driver >.< I hate how skinny he is. Makes me feel fat ( =3= ) I guess hes like my gym trainer in a way LOL I'm also watching what I am eating. I have (so far) cut down my fast food intake from 3 times a week down to one. I only had about 2 sodas this week. I plan to drop drinking soda period by February (until Japan anyway >.>) I have also cut back majorly on my carbs. I have to anyway because of my damn triglycerides... Only thing I really gotta watch out for is my iron count. I am already borderline anemic so I have to keep eating iron filled food (spinach, beef, almonds....) so we shall see. Everything in moderation right? O.o
2) Build up my closet.
Okay so that is happening either way. I am going to Japan for two weeks in the Spring. I am trying really hard to save up money for lolita clothes. Thank goodness for all the ClosetChild's in Tokyo ( ;~; ) I really have to sit and make a list of what I want to buy lolita-wise there.... Main priority (for me at least) is to get that DAMN lavender headbow for Jewelry Jelly D< I need that and the socks and my set will be complete♥ Maybe I should make a journal every of the stuff I want to buy... (both lolita and non-lolita items)
3) Get into Graduate School
Okay so this isn't really lolita-related but it is super important to me. I want to be able to get a really good job in Japan and in the US. I figured getting my MA in something should be helpful. I am planning on going to HPU in the fall of this year. I am going to start calling the financial aid office there and also get in touch with the admissions office for grad school there some time either next week or the week after. In the mean time....
4) Get a better or a full time job
I need money. Not just for my Japan trip but for things in general. I have to pay for school (if I get in) and my hobbies as well. Lolita and gaming are both expensive hobbies. I need to support my
5) Learn to sew
I have a miniature sewing machine my mom bought me a few years ago. I have no clue how to use it. It is currently with my grandma. She was going to teach me how to sew but school and work got in the way =/ Maybe no during my vacation she can help me. I really want to be able to make beautiful dresses and skirts that fit me. The fabric stores here have a pretty good selection on prints but lace can be a little iffy =/ Gotta hunt that stuff down. Though, being able to sew is a more important thing to worry about right now :P
6) Do more deco/decoden stuff (be more crafty in general)
Looking at Aileen and Ashley's wonderful handmade accessories really makes me want to make stuff. I have a hard time messing with the silicone stuff to make fake whip and stuff. I have to keep on practicing though. I have to make time and do more hands-on stuff. I think it will help keep my stress levels down and keep my brain sharp. At the moment, I think my brain is as sharp as a butter knife thanks to this last semester at UH ( =3= )
7) DRAW DRAW DRAW
....Yeaaaah over the last few years (fuck after high school ended) I haven't really drawn much. I have no idea why. I think it is because of how the art department was (well teachers I had) at UH. It kind if discouraged me to do anything artsy =/ Well, drawing wise. I have always drawn. I am constantly doodling in my notebook in class (half the time I pay more attention to that than the actual lecture...). But I haven't done anything super serious in YEARS. I really need to sit and sketch and get my ideas out on paper. I really do. I miss it. I love drawing and coloring. I am starting to lose my ability to color (which I don't like) so I should seriously just sit and do it. Even if it comes out shitty I have to realize that practicing will only make my stuff look better. So even it looks like kindergarten crap now, if I keep on going at it it will eventually come out to my liking♥
...So this is my resolutions for this year. I think it sounds pretty do-able LOL I just can't be lazy about things =P Especially when it comes to the gym! I have the support of my family, boyfriend, and wonderful friends so I think I can do this! As hard as it may seem, I have to be productive and remember that I have people who will support me through this!! Please people remind me to be productive ( ;~; )
No comments:
Post a Comment